|Out of the Box|
|Season 1, Episode 2A|
|Air date||March 23, 2012|
|Written by||Noelle Wright|
A Bad Case of the Pricklethorns
Run Down Race Car
Little Jack, a jack in the box, can't pop, but he's scared of getting a check-up, so his dad, Big Jack, goes first.
While Doc and Emmie are taking items out of Doc's toy chest, they stop to pull out a Jack-in-the-box. Doc shows Emmie how it works and she then goes on to show her the slightly smaller box, but nothing happens! The small jack takes a peak over the edge and hides inside the box again. Which Doc comments as strange since it usually always pops up like Big Jack.
- Kiara Muhammad as Doc McStuffins
- Lara Jill Miller as Lambie
- Robbie Rist as Stuffy
- Loretta Devine as Hallie
- Jess Harnell as Chilly
- Kimberly Brooks as Dr. McStuffins
- Kylee Anderson as Emmie
- Brady Tutton as Little Jack
- Ty Burrell as Big Jack
- For more quotes, see the episode's transcript
- Emmie: Ooh! A jack-in-the-box.
- Doc: Yeah, that's Big Jack! Watch.
- Emmie: [Screams when Big jack pops up and she and Doc giggle] It popped! And I was all like "aah", and you were like "aah".
- Doc: I know. [Both she and Emmie giggle] And this is Little Jack.
- Emmie: Make him pop up, make him pop up.
- Doc: Okay. Ready?
- [Winds Little Jack's crank but he doesn't pop up]
- Emmie: Aw. I wanted him to pop up.
- Doc: Hmm, that's weird. He usually pops just like Big Jack.
- [knocks on door]
- Dr. McStuffins: Hi, girls.
- Doc: How was work mom? Did you have any cool patients?
- Dr. McStuffins: Nothing too interesting. Just a few colds--oh, and a sprained finger. How was your day?
- Doc: Good. I have a really interesting patient.
- Stuffy: A tiara? Really? May I remind you I am a dragon. Dragons and tiaras don't go together. It's a big no-no.
- Lambie: But tiaras and lambs are a big yes-yes.
- Doc: Hi, Little Jack.
- Little Jack: Hi, Doc.
- Doc: I wanna help you so you can pop up like you used to. Why don't I give you a checkup?
- Little Jack: [Gasps and goes back in his box]
- Stuffy: Maybe the little guy has stage fright.
- Lambie: Hmm. I think maybe he's afraid to get a checkup.
- Big Jack: Are you, Little Jack?
- Little Jack: I've never had one before.
- Doc: It's okay. Everyone gets a little scared.
- Chilly: Some of us get a lot scared-ha-like me. I'm talking about me.
- Doc: But I promise it won't hurt. In fact, I'm here to help you feel better.
- Chilly: Oh, no! Not can't-pop-itis. Can I get it? Is it contagious? Ooh! It sounds contagious!
- Doc: Chilly, if you don't have anything on you that pops, how can you get can't-pop-itis?
- Chilly: Oh, good point, Doc. Whew! That was a close one.
- Diagnosis: Can't-pop-itis
- Toys that debut in this episode: Big Jack and Little Jack
- Moral: Check ups are just a way for doctors to see how you're growing and doing. There's no reason to be afraid of getting one.
- Lambie has a scarf on for this entire episode.
- Out of the Box is the title of a show that aired on Playhouse Disney, the predecessor to Disney Junior.